Monday, April 4, 2011

Busy, Busy!

I have been busy creating working on the sanitary napkins and I look forward to our sewing party this weekend!  After a few trial runs, I have successfully created a prototype and pattern for our sanitary napkin.  The winner has been decided in a tight race between two styles. Having made one of each, I ran a wetness test last night and found that Style 1 won in leaps and bounds over Style 2 in absorbency and functionality, so-- it's a deal! We have our prototype.  Next, I need to create patterns for the other parts of the kit-- the interchangeable liners and the carrying/storage bag.  Ideally, I would like to include biodegradable soap and a few pairs of underwear in the kit as well, but that would be a call for IPE, as we are working together on this project and must agree on the cost for each kit.  However, we have been able to do this much on a shoestring.

Saturday, I will equip my household with lots of coffee, sweet rolls, muffins, and other assorted breakfast items and hold a "sew in" with open invitation.  Everyone will be able to come and help with cutting, finishing, sewing, or any other task while our kids tear the house down!  It should be a good time and for a good cause too.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment